Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Seek the Lord



Psalm 27: 4-8

I’m asking the Lord for only one thing.
    Here is what I want.
I want to live in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life.
I want to look at the beauty of the Lord.
    I want to worship him in his temple.
When I’m in trouble,
    he will keep me safe in his house.
He will hide me in the safety of his holy tent.
    He will put me on a rock that is very high.
Then I will win the battle
    over my enemies who are all around me.
At his holy tent I will offer my sacrifice with shouts of joy.
    I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Lord, hear my voice when I call out to you.
    Show me your favor and answer me.
My heart says, “Look to him!” Lord, I will look to you.
My life was radically influenced by the example of my grandfather, who wholeheartedly sought the Lord. I wanted the same kind of relationship that he had with God, and I knew the only way this would happen was if I, too, earnestly sought Him. All these years later, I can truthfully say that the most exciting aspect of my life is getting on my face before God in intimate fellowship.

This kind of relationship won't happen accidentally. It requires a deliberate decision to reset your priorities in order to make room for the pursuit of God. Intimacy with Him is not something that can be achieved in an inspiring weekend conference, nor can it be accomplished by reading a chapter or two in the Bible and praying for ten minutes a day. Seeking God is a persevering lifetime commitment--day by day, decade by decade.

Too many believers are satisfied to have a shallow relationship with the Lord. They'll seek answers to prayer or relief in times of suffering but are unwilling to sit quietly for an extended period of time just getting to know Him through prayer and His Word. Yet the most important pursuit in a believer's life is building a relationship with God. To forfeit this great blessing is a tragedy.
God doesn't need anything from you, but He desires your loving devotion and intimate fellowship. Is that what you want too? If so, are you willing to make the necessary commitment? Seeking the Lord cannot be hurried. It will cost you time and effort, but the rewards are worth any sacrifice.
-------------------------------------------------
from Intouch Magazine November 2012 issue
*If we, as humans, invest our money on something we think as lucrative say, businesses, stock shares, equities, banks, etc., or if we invest our time in preparing lo-cal meals and exercise for a healthy body, why not make an investment for our souls that never has any losses or risks but only gains? Investing your time with God, communing, learning about Him, investing your money on researching about Him by buying inspirational books, even tithing can be an investment for our hearts! If we only do these things and spend time with Him more than we do our useless pursuits, the best profit we can achieve is to have a priceless peace within that transcends all understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment