Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why ask Why?


Training Yourself to Stop Questioning God - Joyce Meyer

What in the world is going on in my life? Why did this happen? When will that happen? Why, God, why? When, God, when?

Does that sound like anybody you know?

Before we can ever be content and satisfied in life, we have to get to the point where we don't have to understand everything, because in many ways, God is a mystery. We want to understand Him, but His ways are past finding out according to Job 9:10. His ways are above our ways, His thoughts are above our thoughts (see Isaiah 55:8,9)

As far as I'm concerned, Job was a man who had a reasonable complaint. I mean, he went through a terrible time. He lost his family, his fortune, his cattle, he got sick. And the Bible says he was one of the most righteous men on earth at that time! Well, that doesn't sound fair, does it? But in the end, Job stuck it out with God and he received double what he had lost.

WHAT TO DO INSTEAD OF ASKING WHY?

Is there something in your life that you just haven't been able to get beyond? God wants you to know He's in control. He is able to fix your situation. What He needs you to do is trust Him with it. You need to put God back in the place where He belongs, - on the throne of your heart and mind - and you need to trust Him like never before.

Every time why me? comes up in your mind, stop yourself and say "Never mind, God. You don't have to give me an explanation. I don't have to understand this and even though I'm hurting right now, I know You're good. I'm putting all y trust in You."

You might not like the circumstances you're in right now, but you can trust God to bring you all the way through.

WHAT OUR TROUBLES SHOULD TELL US

Job han an awful mess in his life that nobody could understand. But his ordeal caused him to get to know God in a way that was amazing - and your mess can dot he same for you.

I went trough some terrible abuse as a child and it took me years to recover from it. But you know what? I'm not sorry it happened to me, I wouldn't know God the way I know Him now and I wouldn't be the person I am today.

You see, there was a time in my life when I only knew how to talk about God, but now I know Him and I know the power of His resurrection... how it lifted me up out of th epit, set my feet on a rock and put a new song in my mouth!

If you've lost a loved one... if your child has died...if you've lost your spouse... if you have a terminal illness... if you lost your business.. if you've been abused and you just don't understand what's happening in your life, don't try to figure it out. Trust god and get through with Him. I guarantee you will come out on the other side able to say, "Once I could only talk about God, but now, I know Him and I know the power of His resurrection that lifted me out of my pit of hopelessness.

RELAX YOUR TIME IS COMING!

The day's going to come when all our troubles will be over. The Bible says that in heaven there will be no more tears, and no more pain and no more sorrow and no more sighing, and we will hear God say, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End" (see Revelation 21). But for right now, we have faith.

Let's not ever let unanswered questions make us discontent and dissatisfied.

Every time you start to wonder Why, God, why? Just stop right there and say "Never mind, God. I've been there, done that, and now I've got a new message: I trust You."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from Enjoying Everyday Life, a Joyce Meyer Ministries (JMM) magazine December / January 2012 issue





No comments:

Post a Comment