Friday, December 16, 2011

Benefitting from the Scriptures

In the life of a believer, the Bible:

Guides
'Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path' (Psalm 119: 105)

Gives Wisdom
'Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever mine. I have insight than all of my teachers, For your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, because I have observed Your precepts.' (Psalm 119: 98-100) 

Strengthens
'My soul weeps because of grief; Strengthen me according to Your word'  (Psalm 119: 28)

Provides Peace
'Those who love your law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble' (Psalm 119:165) 

Reveal Hearts
'For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.' (Hebrew 4:12-13)

Protects from Sin
'How can a young man keep his way pure? With all my heart I have sought You; do not let me wander from Your commandments. You have word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You' (Psalm 119:9-11)

Produces Hope
'Remember the word to Your servant, in which you have made me hope.' (Psalm 119:49)

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from InTouch Magazines June 2011 'Transformed by the Word'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment